Thursday, February 21, 2008

Your Life in Six Words

Ok, so in an attempt to shake off the late winter blues that so obviously had me in their clutches when I posted last, I am posting something of a game. And it needs audience participation, which could really backfire since my "readership" has dwindled due to my unreliable posting habits. So this post may remain until I've had my fill of fun.
My Darling Lise sent me the link attached to the title of this post about a book written by and about lots of average joes like you and me.
Basically, it's like this. Someone asked Hemingway to write a story in six words. He wrote: For Sale: Baby shoes; never worn. This book contains autobiographies in six words--no more, no less.
This is your challenge! Spread the word! I'm excited to read the results.
Here are a few I came up with.

Gonna have it all, in time.

Big dreams. Had kids. Altered dreams.

I never wanted two in diapers.

Happily ever after, but still plotting.


After coming up with these, I've realized this exercize is very revealing. And not necessarily in a flattering way. Nevertheless, they are what I came up with right now. Perhaps I'll write more as this post moulders.

7 comments:

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

I will have to think on this one... very interesting! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Sure you want me to actually use my brain. I will have to think also.

Bree said...

I am so glad you put this on your blog! I have been wanting to participate, but because they ARE so revealing, I have been a bit afraid to try. Also because "Want to be Hemingway, but can't."

Haven said...

Um...

Lived; loved; prayed; will die content.

Not very creative, but with "Come Friends Who Plough the Sea" from "Pirate Movie" playing...can't think too clearly. I'll try again later too.

Bree said...

Thought I'd try a few more (laundry avoidance tactic):

So much passion. No one cares.

Want more adventures, and more money.

Can I train Dog to clean?

She's the best thing I've done.

Tree hugger, and proud of it.

Still not Hemingway...Laundry not done.

Hillary said...

Excellent Green-ga! Now, everyone else, show me what you've got!!!

Mom to 3 T's said...

I'm a little late getting into this, so you have probably stopped looking, but I will give it one shot that isn't too revealing:

stroller, bicycle, Mom's car, metro, minivan

Nubs!