Monday, September 26, 2005

How I Spent My Saturday





My friend Alisa asked for some help on a project she's been doggedly nursing for at least several months. She is developing a feature about one of the stories in the Book of Mormon. On Saturday, we filmed a few pages of the script as it now stands, by way of a promotional fundraising film. As this was being done for almost no money, the crew and cast was small. It is a credit to Alisa's talents as both film director and friend that there were those willing to volunteer a Saturday to help begin the birthing process of this project.
Admittedly, a couple of times in the last month I was less than enthusiastic about "giving up" a Saturday, but as I was driving to the studio a little after seven in the morning, baby in tow, I experienced a growing feeling of excitement and I remembered why I went to film school. I love this stuff! And I love the feeling on a set where the cast and crew are there for the joy of filmmaking.
A was the art director and his only assistant was Mason. It was a family affair. Even Moira content to be in her stroller all day.
I helped with some casting in the weeks prior to the shoot and the day of I documented the day with a video camera and a couple of still cameras. I only right now have access to the photos I took with one of the cameras, and at Alisa's request, I'll only post a couple of them.
However, if you or anyone you know would like to invest in the feature, you'll get to see what was shot on Saturday as well as the pictures and video I shot!

2 comments:

Mom to 3 T's said...

Hey, Hill! I love Alisa's idea! Not sure how much dinero I can contribute, though. How little is too little? :) How is the project coming? Love the still shots, but Alisa's right. You don't want to give away any secrets.

Nub moo, Leelee

PS How do I put titles on my posts? Yes, I am lame...

Hillary said...

You are not lame. I couldn't figure it out at first either. WendySue helped me.
Go to Blogger.com and log in. Go to change settings (which is next to create post), then uder the settings option go tto formatting and scroll down to where it says "Show Title Field" and change it to yes.
Et Voila!