Sunday, September 07, 2008

Here's Something I Can Do

Something I've decided to do to keep up with my family, is read all their blogs. I just spent about an hour virtually catching up with sisters and cousins. It was awesome! My family are (is?) so fun. And attractive, if I do say so myself. I'm changing some of my sidebar to include family members' blogs that haven't previously appeared. (This will also save me from returning to my baby sister's blog to find links to all of them. It seems she's way ahead of me in the whole keeping up witht the family idea.)

So, if you're reading this and you're related to me and you have a blog and it's not on the side bar, please leave a comment, and I'll add you, Cuz!

Oh, here's something bad that happened today (or last night). I'm growing watermelons and Charantais melons (a very classy French variety, because I am a snob and cannot just grow cantaloupe like everyone else) in my front side yard next to my fence. Nothing else is growing there and it's very sunny, so why not? I'll tell you why not: Little vandals will come and steal the only three watermelons that were likely to ripen before the frost BEFORE they were even ripe!Here's the biggest watermelon that was melon-napped.
Blacktail Mountain watermelon2 8.31.08
I was really having a hard time with this. My garden has become my fourth child. I take all of its successes and failures to heart. Really. To heart.
But then I counted three more Charantais melons than I had noticed before and decided that was a Tender Mercy and my reward for going to the adult session of Stake Conference. Here are the Charantais:
Charantais Melon1 8.31.08So all's well that ends well!
(Except, I really wanted to try those little watermelons! Grrrrrr......)

1 comment:

Haven said...

Yeah, I have all of the ones I'm aware of, but I've been a slacker (obviously since this is two weeks late! horrors!!) and haven't been checking up on them lately.

BUT I did finally post a few videos.

I was spittin' mad for your napped melons! But I'm glad you at least got SOME to try. And you were even willing to eat the watermelons you trooper! Ah well. There's always next year,right?